On December 11th, 2012, WordPress released Version 3.5 named for the jazz drummer „Elvin Jones“.
With the release of this new version, there have been some changes to the „User Interface“ which many of us were not overly thrilled about as we were accustomed to the old ways. Yet with improvements, always must come change. So there are some updates we’d like to take a few minutes of your time and explain a little about as they do affect our current version of KingSize WordPress v4+.
First and foremost, our template is fully compatible with the latest version of WordPress and if you’re interested in seeing what changes came out with the release of WordPress Version 3.5, we encourage you to checkout the „WordPress 3.5 Codex/Change Log„.
The biggest change that seems to be affecting our buyers is the change of the „Media Manager“, as noted on WordPress:
- Beautiful interface: A streamlined, all-new experience
- Create galleries faster with drag-and-drop reordering, inline caption editing, and simplified controls
- Insert multiple images at once with Shift/Ctrl+click
- Add oEmbed suport for SoundCloud.com, SlideShare.net, and Instagram.com
- New Media Manager: Insert multiple galleries per post and independently order images
It’s definitely a new interface, but there’s a lot of debate whether or not it’s an improvement to WordPress.
The Key Differences:
- Changed the wording from „Upload / Insert“ to „Add Media“.
- Introduced a new flow to how images are gathered and displayed.
- Removed „Order By ID“ fields but complimented with improved „drag and drop“ ordering options.
- Seems to handle media uploads a lot quicker and smoother than before.
Other than making a few things a little more complicated, the overall update has been a success in the eyes of WordPress. There are some bugs still present in version 3.5, a lot of users are reporting issues when using „Chrome“, but for the most part, I personally feel as though the bulk of this update has been a huge leap forward.
So in turn, there has been only one depreciated item as part of the WordPress 3.5 update and KingSize WordPress.
No longer will the „Order By ID“ option work when using the shortcodes for Galleries, but this will not hamper your ability to customize the ordering of your galleries. You can still „drag and drop“ the order of images you want. In our honest opinion, this actually defeats the purpose of the Order By ID option anyway, making it more time consuming than anything, now being able to simply drag and drop them in the order you want is quite simple and suffice to your organizational needs.
For further information regarding „Galleries“, we have created some new tutorials to assist you with their use.
WordPress 3.5 – How to create Galleries with Shortcodes.
WordPress 3.5 – How to create Galleries with Page Templates.
WordPress 3.5 – What is the Difference between the two?
For further buyer support, we encourage you to visit our Buyer Support Forums at http://www.denoizzed.com/forum – registration is required. If you have troubles with registering please read the link labeled as „How do I Register / Help“ and it will walk you through the step by step process of registering your support account.
Thanks for your purchase (and interests in) of KingSize WordPress.